WELCOME


I am an artist based here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I am the in house designer for McGrath Diamonds Ltd. This is my blog to see exquisite wearable fine art DGZ style and to share some exciting things living my life in the creative world. My main design website is
www.dodgiedator.com/designs

I love to paint and create photographs of landscapes and life as it unfolds, my portfolio of images consists of landscapes and art photographs represented by 2 of Winnipeg's finest art galleries, Birchwood Art Gallery and Wayne Arthur Gallery. My massive collection of people photographs completes my ever growing portfolio. My passion for photography, specialty in on-location lifestyle portraits and my extensive event photography experience are fused to deliver a fresh perspective for your wedding photographs. Delivering a storybook that relives those subtle moments and artworks for generations to enjoy. Pls visit my photography website www.dgzphotos.com .

For my photography blog www.blog.dgzphotos.com , here I share what's new and exciting in my life as a freelance photographer.

Thanks for visiting. Stay tune to all the updates living in the artistic world, quite fun and exciting.

Dodgie Dator
(204)510-4959

my email:

dodgiedator@dgzphotos.com

Anyone booking my photography services through this site gets a special gift. Please call or email for complete details.

Dodgie Dator Photography



Monday, May 4, 2009


The greatest compliment an artist can ever have is a request for another performance. In my case a repeat client, I have a quite a few regular clients that I create new custom pieces for, most of them send their family and friends over for their own Dodgie Dator designed piece.

The more a client comes back for another creation, it certainly become tougher but yet quite an honor. Tough because I want to truly blow their expectations away and the more piece I get to make for them the harder it is to create something more unique than the last one. One very good client already came for a few pieces and sent her daughters over for their own design consultation with me. It's always such fun working with her since I get to just "get loose" with my ideas... she loves really unique pieces.

This gorgeous ring is a combination of her 2 existing rings that she doesn't care for as much anymore and I added a Fantasy Trillion "Swiss" Blue Topaz as the center stone. It's always a challenge to work with various colour gems, since they may not at all "come together" that perfectly. She had Blue Sapphires and Green Amethysts and wanted to have a Trillion cut stone as the center piece. I wasn't too sure how to use these 2 different coloured gems to their best potential.

With this final concept I certainly used all the supplied gems to compliment each other, with the criss cross design with integrated half bezel settings. The 2 colours of gems were alternated to have a contrast against the white gold setting and had the Blue Topaz set slightly off centered to have that focal point. I loved how this piece display the different hues of the gems as the light hits it from different angles and the "punchy" vibrant "Swiss" Blue Topaz just makes this very different ring stand out even more.

I look forward to that next "project" that my good client might want to challenge me with.

No comments: