WELCOME


I am an artist based here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I am the in house designer for McGrath Diamonds Ltd. This is my blog to see exquisite wearable fine art DGZ style and to share some exciting things living my life in the creative world. My main design website is
www.dodgiedator.com/designs

I love to paint and create photographs of landscapes and life as it unfolds, my portfolio of images consists of landscapes and art photographs represented by 2 of Winnipeg's finest art galleries, Birchwood Art Gallery and Wayne Arthur Gallery. My massive collection of people photographs completes my ever growing portfolio. My passion for photography, specialty in on-location lifestyle portraits and my extensive event photography experience are fused to deliver a fresh perspective for your wedding photographs. Delivering a storybook that relives those subtle moments and artworks for generations to enjoy. Pls visit my photography website www.dgzphotos.com .

For my photography blog www.blog.dgzphotos.com , here I share what's new and exciting in my life as a freelance photographer.

Thanks for visiting. Stay tune to all the updates living in the artistic world, quite fun and exciting.

Dodgie Dator
(204)510-4959

my email:

dodgiedator@dgzphotos.com

Anyone booking my photography services through this site gets a special gift. Please call or email for complete details.

Dodgie Dator Photography



Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Majestic Chevron Amethyst


This is one of my personal fave for my 2009 pieces, it is quite simple yet very elegant. I love working with a client that would just let me unleash my creativity and John and Tammy have been very open to different concepts I had. We worked together to achieve what she was looking for, something quite simple yet something that would be a very good conversation piece.

This is a combination of superb craftmanship from the concept stage, involving choosing the best stone to work with such a simple design. I love working with fantasy cut gems because it is not something that people usually see.

This gorgeous fine art piece is a one piece cast in 14kt white gold, with shoulder stones in a channel setting to compliment the large 15x10mm fantasy Chevron Amethyst. The Amethyst is quite exposed with the careful choice of spots to set the stone in place.
Thanks again Tammy and John for the pleasure to create this piece for you.




No comments: